10 benefits of trauma therapy
There are immense benefits to working with a trained therapist so that you can free yourself from your fears.
These 10 benefits of trauma therapy can offer you a new lease of life. They may not all apply in every case, but they show what can await you:
- Have a safe, non-judgemental environment to process experiences you want to forget or erase.
- Create new positive thought patterns with the help of neurofeedback and body intelligence.
- Learn self-regulation skills to take control of your body so you can develop the courage to face difficult things safely.
- Feel safe in your body so you can experience sensations without being scared of them.
- Experience what is “stuck” in your body – and release it.
- Solve the puzzle of feelings that you understand rationally – but that still do not go away.
- Care for and manage your body so that you can develop a loving relationship.
- Talk to me about difficult issues in a safe environment that does not try to “fix “you but instead teaches you how to help yourself.
- Allow yourself to build the courage to process your fears.
- Free the non-rational part of your brain from the need to release stress hormones at inappropriate times. This will prevent it throwing your body into a defensive shut-down mode that stops you feeling anything at all, and you will begin to feel alive again.