PTSD attack what to do
Positive ways of coping with PTSD:
- Practise breathing
- Confide in a friend or person you trust
- Spend time in nature
- Learn relaxation techniques
- Avoid alcohol and drugs – or reduce your intake
- Join a PTSD support group
- Seek help from a therapist who understands you and trauma.
Breathing: breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds and breath out through your mouth for 4 seconds, for 2 or 3 minutes. This will calm your nervous system and focus your mind on the here-and-now, connecting you to a place of inner calm and peace. It’s a technique used by everyone from star athletes to the military to help stay in control while under stress.